Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Illustration Friday - Topic: "Poof!"


Okay, not only is this girl's dress POOFY, but, have you ever had a moment that you just wanted to "Poof!", be gone, like you could beam yourself somewhere else in the blink of an eye?!?! Well this chick is having one of those moments! Imagine she's at a school dance, her date has just left with another girl, she's tripped on her dress, or she lost in the race for prom queen.... something that is so dramatic that she's crying in the girl's bathroom and wishing she could "poof" herself in front of the tv with a gallon of icecream and a chick flick!

12 comments:

Jen said...

Love the volume in the skirt!

Juan said...

Great stuff

Vickie said...

Great Poof! I looked at your profile. My son went to "Y"-da-ho too. Good luck with finishing your last year there. It's a nice place.

mitchowl said...

That could be me at my 9th grade dance! You captured it perfectly. I LOVE the dress.

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, yes, that's me at any formal event. And I pretty much want to poof myself in front of the telly with a bucket of ice cream ALL THE TIME! Great illustration!

Anonymous said...

I bought my daughter a dress like that. She won't touch with a ten foot pole. Love the take on the topic. Wonderful talent.

INDIGENE said...

There's nothing like volume to sit a girl down! lol! This is a great poof!

wwww.indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

Emily said...

oh dear! poor darling! lovely illo.

Edrian said...

Aww! what a great story and a wonderful puffy skirt too. You really captured the moment well.

Lori McDonough said...

what a sad story...but such a beautiful illustration. Love it!

Roberta said...

Those are the times when a "poof" would come in quite handy!
Fun illo!

Roberta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.